Impact of BPA on health: Should you be worried?April 14, 2020
The growing evidence by the researchers across the world has put forth to a theory of using BPA free plastics. Yes! BPA creates not only a health jolt but also it is something that we all should be worried due to the bad effects that strike on our health. It has set a long journey in our daily usages like water bottles, household containers, kitchenware items, toys, and many more. The frequent daily exposure to these products makes BPA get accumulated in the body and thereby it increases the risk of endocrine disorders in humans.
Here, we discuss a few details about BPA and its health effects, just read through the article to understand more about it!
What is BPA?
BPA stands for Bisphenol A, which is a chemical compound used to make plastics and resins. On the sad note, BPA is known as an endocrine-disrupting compound which means its availability in the body can disrupt hormonal functions by binding it to the estrogen receptors making a wide change on the cellular levels. There are many studies linked by the usage of BPA to various health issues.
There are abundant products made with BPA are spread across the market and a few of them are listed below:
- Canned food liners
- Sippy cups
- Reusable water bottles
- Plastic plates
- Dental fillings
- Medical devices
- Plastic containers
- Eyeglass focal points
- Compact papers
- Thermal disks
- Plastic food packaging materials
We dose small levels of BPA daily. The water stored in the water bottle made with BPA gets leached and enters our system while we drink. The same mechanism applies to other BPA made plastic containers as it can leach into the food and drink via these containers. Since BPA made plastics have shown lasting repercussions on human health, the public has pushed the companies to make BPA free products to save our lives, protect our nature and the environment.
How BPA affects your health?
BPA enters through the intake of food and diet. It is an endocrine disruptor and it acts in the same way as estrogen present in the body. Even minute levels of Bisphenol A levels in infants and young children can cause serious health risks it also has a profound impact on adults as well. Let’s see here how it harms our health:
- The higher level of exposure to BPA can cause impotency in males. It disrupts ovulation function, leaving us into the darker room called infertility also, it allows early onset of puberty in females. Several other reproductive disorder is also on the cards due to the higher amount of Bisphenol levels in the body.
- Increased levels of BPA have also shown negative effects during fetal development.
- Even a small BPA dosage in the system can invite cardiovascular diseases and coronary artery diseases like stroke, angina, heart attack, hypertension, peripheral artery disease, arrhythmias, and atherosclerosis.
- Higher accumulation in the body can bring insulin resistance, thereby it can lead to a long-term medical condition called diabetes mellitus. If you are a diabetic person and already on medication, then never skip even a single dose of medicine. Order your prescription medicines from the best online pharmacy store in India by uploading your prescription directly on the website or app. Get medicine discounts on all the orders and get them delivered directly at your doorstep.
- It alters brain function by preventing the removal of chloride from the nervous system. The excess accumulation of chloride in the brain is more likely to develop dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and other cognitive disorders.
- Overexposure of plastics also increases the risk of breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men.
- Higher doses of BPA during the pregnancy cycle increases the risk of wheezing in infants also childhood exposure may also increase the risk of developing asthma, allergies, and inflammation during their developing years.
- It may also impair the thyroid function in the body.
- It may increase the risk of developing polycystic ovaries in women.
The global volume of using BPA is reduced considerably in recent years. The researchers and the scientist have done numerous studies and published data supporting the consequences and the negative effects that left on human health. As discussed the major route of exposure is through the consumption of foods and it is highly worrisome to note the same. To overcome the overexposure of BPA and to protect ourselves and the earth here are a few ways you can limit the BPA usage.
- Opt for safer alternatives like glass, stainless steel, or porcelain containers instead of BPA plastics.
- Consume natural foods and avoid packaged and processed food products.
- Read the label and pick the products which have BPA-free tag.
- Avoid reheating the foods in the microwave using plastic containers.
- Select toys for your kid, which is BPA-free.
- Throw the scrapped or cracked plastic containers as there is an increase chance of leaching BPA into the food products.
- Look at the bottom of the container for plastic recycle codes mentioned inside the triangle as 3 and 7 are likely to contain BPA.
- Avoid bottle-feeding the infants using a plastic bottle as much as possible. If you have safety concerns on the products you use, speak to your paediatrician before you make any changes. Also, shop for baby food products from top brands from a reliable best online pharmacy at a discounted price at the comfort of your home by opting for a free home delivery option.
In a nutshell, BPA is linked to an array of health risks, so, it is good to eliminate plastics as much as you can. Never lock your kitchen containers or microwave dishes with plastics. Try to shelter our environment for future generations by avoiding exposure to harmful chemicals that pose a health concern to humans. Let’s break our journey with the plastics, which are already in use and will focus and prefer leading toxic-free health by choosing the products wisely! Go on for a long drive to attain a healthy life by following a healthy lifestyle and avoid myriad health snags allied with BPA.
Additionally, make certain to look at Accendo Medicare supplement Plan G and inquire as to whether they’re accessible in your general vicinity this year. Accendo Medicare supplement protection will be one of the top pics for 2020 and 2021, and they’ve just offered in a few regions, you just need to live with somebody to qualify. They can be any age!