There are many roofing companies to choose from when you find yourself needing to make roof repairs, or it is time to replace what you have. So how do you know which Austin roofing company you can trust? Key to having people who do a great job and finding those who offer excellence in their service and roofs is to take the time to research them. Try not to rush into the decision.
Why Hire a Professional Roofing Company
A professional roofing company is usually a licensed roofing company or contractor. One of the main reasons to hire a roofing contractor is that such a company will offer a full written contract. They will outline the scope of work and other details. Apart from the scope of work the written contract also details like materials to be used in the roofing project, and the timeline under which the project will be delivered. This means there will be no delays in delivering the finished project to you. The contract will be binding on both parties.
Another of the important reasons for hiring a professional roofing company is that such companies usually carry insurance. Such insurance protects you the homeowner against being liable for any costs should a worker damage your property or become injured on the job.
One the most important reason on why you should choose to hire a professional roofing contractor is that a licensed roofing contractor will stand behind their work. This is one of the most important aspects because ultimately you want peace of mind after the job is completed. In a rare event where you are not satisfied with the work and a dispute arises then the CSLB offers a means to resolve the dispute.
Here are ten things to look for and expect.
10 things to insist on
- Set high expectations for every level of service – When dealing with any roofing company you should insist on a high level of service at all stages. From their customer service to their inspection to the actual work should it happen?
- Ask for a free quote and compare – During your search when you have a few companies you like the look of, then is the time to see if they offer a free quote, and then you can compare the quotes you get. You should not feel obligated or pressured into using any particular company, they should be friendly, do their sales pitch and then leave without pushing. Always keep in mind that the cheapest is not always the best option.
- Do they present themselves in a professional manner – When interviewing a roofing company in Austin you should pay attention to how they are with you? Do they present themselves well, act in a professional and respectful manner? Just because they are in the roofing business does not mean when they are coming to do a free quote they should dress like slobs! A little effort shows they care.
- Diversity of services – Some roofing companies have more than just one service to offer which can come in handy. Ask about what else they offer, what other kinds of roofs they have experience in and what skills they have. It also gives you an idea of their experience level and how long they have been in the industry.
- Make sure they have a license and insurance – Only ever accept someone to work on your roof that has all the right paperwork. They should have a license to work in your area. They should be insured both for liability in case they cause damage to your home, and for accidents in case a worker injures themselves during the project. Ask to see the papers, some even take copies to keep just in case they need them. When a company looks after its workers and your interests by being legal and insured that is a good sign.
- Work guarantees – Any decent Boston roofing company will offer some kind of guarantee on their work. Why accept someone working on your roof that does not? How can you trust them?
- Are they reputable – Finding companies that have a good reputation is a big part of the search. Look at the kind of values they have, what others are saying about them, how are they compared to other roofing companies on independent sites?
- Look at their workmanship – If possible it is quite useful to not just pictures of work they have completed but to see roofs in person. You can see their workmanship and the attention to detail they have.
- Look at what people have to say about them – Sometimes it is possible to find great businesses just from word of mouth. Talk to neighbours, friends and other people you know if they have recently had roof work done to see what roofing company in Boston they use and recommend. Ask companies you are interested in for references you can contact and talk to about their experience. Were they punctual, polite, stuck to deadlines, fairly priced, has the work held up?
- Do they follow through on their promises – You want a business that when it says it will do something, they do it. You are relying on them so they need to prove they keep their promises.
Sometimes you really do not know a company until you hire them and work with them. But you have better odds of finding an Austin roofing company you can trust by following the 10 pieces of advice above! Remember to pass on their information to friends and family if it does all work out well, and use them again should you need to. Companies love to have loyal returning customers!
There’s a lot of info on finding a professional roofing company you can trust online. Educating yourself on hiring a roofing company will help you make the right decision. Most roofing companies will offer free quotes so call on them and compare their quotes. Hold meetings, ask questions and make an informed decision.